Start Your Training

Proof of U.S. Citizenship or TSA Approval

If you are a citizen of the United States, the only document you legally need to provide in order to start flight training is proof of citizenship. Simply provide an unexpired passport or birth certificate to P2J's staff so that we will be in compliance with the Transportation and Security Administration (TSA).

If you are not a citizen, we are prohibited from providing flight training to you without TSA approval.**


To obtain approval from TSA, you will need to apply online through the Alien Flight Student Program (AFSP)

The application cost is $130 and the process can take 4-6 weeks before the student is eligible to initiate training. Each application is only valid for one school. 


**TSA has issued Title 49 of the United States Code of Federal Regulations Part 1552 that prohibits a flight school from providing flight training in an aircraft or aircraft simulator to non-U.S. Citizens without TSA approval. Under this Rule pilots must create and maintain a TSA account at Based on these details TSA will determine that the candidate is not a threat to aviation or national security and issue permission to train. TSA applications should be made at least 60 days prior to your scheduled training event.